Information We May Collect
We understand your desire for privacy and recognize that you trust us with your personal information. We collect personal identifiable information (“PII”) from you so that we can provide you with a positive experience when utilizing our Website or content, as well as, to verify your identity.
Anonymous Information (“A.I.”) means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, a particular individual or business. You could provide A.I. or it could be collected automatically. Examples may include information about your internet browser, device information about your device you use to access the Site (this information may include geolocation information and unique device information), demographic data such as city and state, usage information about your use of the Site, additional traffic data such as time and date of access, software crash reports, session identification numbers and access time, and other information regarding your use of the Site.
To help us better understand our markets, we may also gather information for analytical purposes by conducting customer surveys, and by extracting demographic information from existing files.
Personal Information refers to information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual or business entity. Examples may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number or other similar information.
Use of Your Personal Data
VMG may use your Personal Data, including but not limited to, for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service, including monitoring the usage of our service.
- To manage your user account.
- For the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services you purchased or of any other contract with VMG.
- To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To and manage your personal requests.
- To optimize and enhance the VMG’s services.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements as defined in detail below.
- To detect and prevent fraud.
We may share your Personal Data in the following situations:
- Service Providers - we may share your Personal Data with Service Providers so that they can provide us with services, including identity verification, fraud detection and prevention, security threat detection, payment processing, customer support, data analytics, information technology, advertising, marketing, data processing, network infrastructure, storage, transaction monitoring.
- Business transfers - we may share or transfer your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners - we may share your Personal Data with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- Professional Advisors - we may share your Personal Data with our professional advisors, including legal, accounting, or other consulting services for purposes of audits or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Other Users - when you share Personal Data or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed. If you interact with other users or register through a third-party social media service, your contacts on the third-party social media service may see your name, profile, pictures, and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
- Law Enforcement - under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (described further below).
Retention of Your Personal Data
VMG will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at VMG’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age in compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation of the EU). Our Website and its content is directed to individuals who are at least 18 years old or older.
The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) Policy Requirements
Information about customers is accumulated at the point of purchase or service, when customer service inquiries are made, or when VMG responds to customer requests for information.
Opt -Out Provision
VMG offers customers the opportunity to “opt-out” of the information sharing process. Prior to any such sharing, VMG will ensure that the customer is provided with the right to opt-out or limit the sharing by notifying VMG of the intent to “opt-out” through the use of a mail-in form or other permissible means. VMG will share information with its affiliates, and will provide opt-outs as required by FCRA.
Law Enforcement & Other Legal Requirements
Security of Your Personal Data
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data you provide to us from misuse, disclosure, or unauthorized access.
We have a no spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of our communications by selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mails. We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act by never sending out misleading information. We will not sell, rent or share your email address.
Personal Data Management
Links to Third-Parties Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility or liability for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
A "Cookie" is a small text file that can be stored on and accessed from your device when you visit one of our Sites, to the extent you agree. The other tracking technologies work similarly to Cookies and place small data files on your devices or monitor your website activity to enable us to collect information about how you use our Sites. This allows our Sites to recognize your device from those of other users of the Sites. The information provided below about Cookies also applies to these other tracking technologies. You can find more information at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
“First-party Cookies” are Cookies that belong to Company and that Company places on your device. “Third-party Cookies” are Cookies that another party places on your device through our Site. Company may contract with third-party service providers to send e-mails to users who have provided us with their contact information. To help measure and improve the effectiveness of our e-mail communications, and/or to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on, the third-party service providers may place Cookies on the devices of these users. For more information on how these companies collect and use information on our behalf, please refer to their privacy policies as indicated on the Sites.
We use mobile analytics that allows us to better understand the functionality of our Sites on your mobile device. This software may record information such as how often you use the Sites, the events that occur within the Sites, aggregated usage, performance data, and from where you logged in the Sites. In addition to information we collect on our Sites, when you use our Sites we may also collect your city location, device model and user credentials.
Uses of Cookies
One of the primary purposes of Cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a Cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. The Company Sites have Cookies that are used to:
- Track who is the user that has logged in the Sites and keep the session so the user can easily navigate and use all the provided features and tools;
- Track user activity in the Sites;
- Analytical and performance tracking to see how the Sites are used and how well they perform;
- Functionality tracking to remember passwords, logins, or other preferences;
- Third-party advertising to collect information to provide targeted advertising; and
- Necessary and technical Cookies to allow Company to operate the Site to allow access and remember previous activity.
The information that we save in a Cookie session might include, but not limited to, the following:
- Email addresses;
- IP address; and/or
- Time zone.
We may also collect information about your computer hardware and software This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our Sites (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses.
Ability to Withdraw Consent
You have the ability to accept or decline Cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept Cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline Cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline Cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Company Sites.
If you do not want Cookies to be dropped on your device, you can adjust the setting(s) of your Internet browser to reject the setting of all or some Cookies and to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your device. For further information about how to do so, please refer to your browsers ‘help’, ‘tools’, or ‘edit’ section or see www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all Cookies (including strictly necessary Cookies) you may not be able to access or use all or parts or functionalities of our Sites.
If you want to remove previously-stored Cookies, you can manually delete the Cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent the Sites from placing further Cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your Internet browser setting as described above.